Pages

Tuesday 31 December 2013

Scrap Around the World December challenge

Whoooo!!! I can get one more post done and one more challenge complete before the close of 2013... this time its for Scrap Around the World December mood board and optional sketch. I must say I was a little worried that I could pull this off and the sketch was the life saver in this, hopefully I did this stunning board justice...


 


So how did I interpret the board? The colours I took from mostly the aqua frames and the navy blue in the image of the books. The glitter was reflecting the metallic in the ring and the grey colour was take from the stone under the ring. The flower is in the background.


Had to add one of my favourite song lyrics "You're Nobody till Somebody Loves you" - Sam Cook, also with the addition of the texture paste I wanted to mimic the art deco lady's background.


 The layers are my interpretation of the stacked frames and the addition of the doilies where taken from the ornate book binding

Hope you enjoy my interpretation and have a Wonderful New Year.


 

5 comments:

  1. Fabulous grungyness! Great layering, too! Thank you for joining us at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, love the background work! Thanks for joining us at Scrap Around the World!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is an amazing expression power you have achieved here! Thank you for playing along at SATW!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great project! Thank you for joining SATW challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job & awesome background work! Thanks for playing at SATW!

    ReplyDelete